The Pine Hills Neighborhood Association (PHNA) was first founded in 1900 and is the largest neighborhood association in Albany.
- PHNA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in 1981. CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
- The association is currently running under the following BYLAWS
It shall be the purpose of this Association to preserve and improve conditions that promote the Pine Hills Neighborhood as a viable place to reside, work and enjoy life by undertaking the following:
- Identify issues of interest and concern to the neighborhood;
- Encourage the free exchange of information and debate among residents by providing a forum for these issues;
- Form interest groups to arrive at decisions and recommended actions on these issues;
- Advocate with City, University, College, and other policymakers to advance the interests of the residents, businesses and not-for-profit institutions in the neighborhood;
- Foster growth and diversity to move the neighborhood forward in this century;
- Empower neighbors by providing meaningful leadership opportunities.
- Participate with other neighborhood associations in the activities of the Council of Albany Neighborhood Association (CANA” and the Neighborhood Resource Center (NRC).
Pine Hills is a member of the Council of Albany Neighborhood Associations (CANA)
Our History & Neighborhood
Pine Hills is bordered by: Washington Ave to the North; Lake Ave to the East; Woodlawn & Cortland to the South; and Manning Boulevard to the West. Come & see us. Until then, checkout the pictures in our Photo Album