Virginia Hammer – President
Marilyn Douglas – Vice President
John Hammer – Treasurer
Eric Shadow – Secretary
John Hammer Emeritus
Would you like to join our board? Know someone who would?
Nominating PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY, and TREASURER for 2019
The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Association, and chair of the Board of Directors. The President shall develop agendas and preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Association. The President shall be responsible for the overall management of the affairs of the Association, shall sign all contracts, set Annual Board Meeting dates and shall see to it that all resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect. (PHNA Bylaws, 2016)
In addition, the President shall:
• Attend meetings and events requiring presence of executive officer.
• Internalize and be able to articulate to the public, city officials, and the press, both in writing and in person, the association’s mission and history.
• Recognize and promote opportunities for partnering with organizations that can help implement the association’s and partners’ missions.
• Know the history of the association to the degree that they can connect current events to the past, thus putting into context the association’s point of view.
• Research requests to speak at PHNA meetings so that only legitimate organizations are invited.
• Receive, evaluate and pass on relevant information to PHNA listserv and PHNA social media.
• Handle day to day problem solving.
• Ability to work with City departments, and all elected officials.
• Nominations for all Executive committee positions accepted until March 31, 2019
• Applications for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer should be sent to Marilyn Douglas email@example.com
Successful candidate application follow-up
• Presidential candidates only will be asked to prepare written responses to several questions – April – June 2019
• Candidate interviews by Nomination Committee including current Executive Committee and two additional Board members – June 2019
• Ballot for Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) announced at June PHNA meeting
• Vote for individual Executive Committee members at October 2019 PHNA meeting
Area 1, S. Manning north to Western, east to S. Allen, south to Cortland, west to S. Manning.
Area 2, Point of Western and Madison, east to W. Lawrence, north to Washington, east to Partridge.
Area 3, Partridge at Washington Ave, East to N. Lake, then to Western, South Lake to Madison, Madison to Partridge, north to Washington.
Area 4, Madison at Partridge, east to S. Lake, south to Park, west to Partridge, north to Madison.
Area 5, Partridge at Woodlawn, east to S. Lake, north to Park, west to Partridge, south to Woodlawn.
Area 6, Woodlawn at Partridge, north to Morris, west to N. Allen, N. Allen to Cortland/Woodlawn.